Time to Move Forward!

Well, here we are. the end of another year. reminds me of a phrase that you may have heard..."where does the time go". it is a very valid phrase and yet hearing it as much as i do, i realize how fast time really does fly by. it seems like yesterday, i was trying to figure out how to get my newborn (soon to be 16 year old!) to stop crying. it literally feels like yesterday. 

at the end of each year, i like to set some time aside to reflect on the last 365 days. to remember the good. to look back at accomplishments (albeit they did not always start as accomplishments). to learn or relearn from mistakes. to appreciate the lessons that were given to me. to see and feel the scars from when broken. to be thankful for whatever those "lessons" were and the people in my life who helped transform and watch me blossom into who i have become.

in my previous post, i shared what my reflections were for 2021. this week i spent a lot of time thinking about what i want going forward. And i was so surprised how easy those things came to me. the biggest thing i am yearning for is peace. what is peace? 

According to Google, peace is the freedom from disturbance or tranquility. i know we will never be free from disturbances, however i do know that we get to make choices around what we see as tranquility. this is where i am coming from with peace. 

whether it is anxiety, depression, illness, grief, divorce (the list goes on and on), not one of us escaped the year without some sort of roller coaster ride. some rides are over. some rides are just beginning. and others will last for years. these rides of life are life changing. our. lives. change. forever. 

after several years, i continue to struggle with losing most of my immediate family members. i understand grief doesn't go away. i understand it will always hurt. but this is deeper. this feeling of unrest is at my core. like unbearable pain that stabs me whenever i breath. i have never been able to articulate this feeling until very recently. it has given me so much anxiety and unrest every day for literally years. i have the choice to choose tranquility or peace. this doesn't mean loving anyone less. or think of them less. it means that i get to move forward with them in my heart and have more smiles than tears. it means i have peace.

this is one specific example. we all have our own personal examples. my wish for you (yeah. YOU!) in 2022 to find the peace to move forward. to accept. to allow yourself to feel. to be in the moment. to love as hard as you can. to find joy within. to spread joy, hope and love to all those around you. most of all for you to have peace!

none of us will get out of this life we live alive...so go and make room for peace. and live. your. life. alwayz!

all my love and peace to each of you!

kim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 wrap up

life is hard

when life gives you lemons...